2014 Press Releases
OTA launches The Organic Market Basket e-newsletter for retailers
Launch coincides with industry’s largest gathering of retailers
Contact: Angela Jagiello (email@example.com; 802-275-3831)
Anaheim, Calif., (March 6, 2014)—The Organic Trade Association today launched its newest communications platform –The Organic Market Basket – a twice monthly e-newsletter that is offered at no cost for retailers. The announcement was made as an estimated 60,000 attendees gathered here for Natural Products Expo West.
The newsletter offers information relevant to merchants who are new to organic, as well as to seasoned industry members who have followed organic for decades. Mirroring the fast pace of retail environments, the piece is designed to be read quickly – allowing busy associates to scan it in just a few moments and get back to their shoppers.
The Organic Market Basket will feature diverse content along the following themes:
- Organic 101 - Critical because research shows that a large percentage of consumers (for that matter, retail employees) are new to organic at any given time
- Retail Showcase - New stores, best practices, general Intel about what's happening with fellow retailers.
- Merchandising tips
- Marketplace update - New product and category news.
- Legislative and regulatory updates.
- Digging Deeper - An "Organic 301" for those interested in the more technical side of a given issue.
- NOSB Update - To keep retailers apprised of developments with the National Organic Standards Board.
As the leading authority on the organic industry in the United States, OTA will incorporate intelligence from its ongoing consumer and industry research into the newsletter, keeping retailers informed about all that’s happening with this vibrant sector.
Organic product retailers are encouraged to sign up to receive The Organic Market Basket.
The Organic Trade Association (OTA) is the membership-based business association for organic agriculture and products in North America. OTA is the leading voice for the organic trade in the United States, representing over 6,500 organic businesses across 49 states. Its members include growers, shippers, processors, certifiers, farmers' associations, distributors, importers, exporters, consultants, retailers and others. OTA’s Board of Directors is democratically elected by its members. OTA's mission is to promote and protect the growth of organic trade to benefit the environment, farmers, the public and the economy.